Pakistani passport miles away from achievement purpose
LAHORE (Web Desk) – London-based travel agency Henley & Partners has released its 2023 passport rankings, ranking Pakistan’s document among the five worst passports out of 109 countries, CNN reported.
The Henley & Partner list is just one of many indexes created by various financial companies to rank passports according to the access provided to their citizens. According to the Henley & Partner list, only 32 of the 227 destinations covered by the list allow Pakistani passport holders visa-free or visa-free entry, followed by Syria (25 destinations), Iraq (29 destinations) and Afghanistan (27 destinations).
The Japanese passport tops the list because it allows citizens and passport holders the freedom to travel. The three most powerful passports in the world belong to Asian countries. Of these, the Japanese passport offers its holders the greatest degree of global travel freedom, followed by the passports of Singapore and South Korea.
Japanese passports allow Japanese nationals visa-free or visa-free access to a staggering 193 countries around the world. Singapore and South Korea follow suit as their nationals are free to visit 192 other countries.
After the three Asian countries, the countries with the strongest passports are largely European.
Best passports to hold in 2023:
- Japan (193 destinations)
- Singapore, South Korea (192 destinations)
- Germany, Spain (190 destinations)
- Finland, Italy, Luxembourg (189 destinations)
- Austria, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden (188 destinations)
- France, Ireland, Portugal, United Kingdom (187 destinations)
- Belgium, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, United States of America, Czech Republic (186 destinations)
- Australia, Canada, Greece, Malta (185 destinations)
- Hungary, Poland (184 destinations)
- Lithuania, Slovakia (183 destinations)
Worst passports in 2023:
Countries that allow visa-free or visa-free access to 40 or fewer destinations.
- North Korea (40 destinations)
- Nepal, Palestinian Territory (38 destinations)
- Somalia (35 destinations)
- Yemen (34 destinations)
- Pakistan (32 destinations)
- Syria (30 destinations)
- Iraq (29 destinations)
- Afghanistan (27 destinations)